Are you tired of dealing with physical pain day in and day out? Do you long for relief and healing, but find yourself searching for answers in all the wrong places? The truth is, pain is an inevitable part of the human experience.
But what if I told you that there is a source of healing that goes beyond anything modern medicine can offer?
A source that has been around since the beginning of time and has the power to transform not only your physical body, but your soul as well.
In the pages of the Bible, we find countless stories of miraculous healings that took place through the power of God.
From the woman who was healed by touching the hem of Jesus’ garment to the man who was able to walk after being lame for 38 years, the scriptures are filled with accounts of God’s healing power at work.
And the best part? These stories are not just ancient history – they are living proof that God is still in the business of healing today.
So if you are struggling with pain, I encourage you to open your heart and mind to the healing scriptures that are waiting for you.
Let the words of the Bible wash over you like a healing balm, and allow God’s love and power to work miracles in your life.
In this article, we will explore some of the most powerful healing scriptures in the Bible and learn how to apply them to our lives today.
So take a deep breath, let go of your worries, and join me on a journey of discovery and healing.
Does God want me healed?
Are you currently struggling with a sickness and wondering if it’s God’s will for you to be well? It’s a tough spot to be in. The idea of a higher power determining your health can be daunting and leave you feeling helpless.
But take heart, because there is good news: God wants you to be healed, healthy, and well! The Bible is clear on this. It says in Exodus 15:26:
“I am the Lord who heals you.” In 1 Peter 2:24, it’s written that through Jesus’ whipping, “you were healed.” And in Psalm 107:20, it’s stated that “He sent His Word and healed [us].”Exodus 15:26
The ultimate picture of God’s desire to heal is Jesus. If we look at Jesus’ ministry in the Gospels, we see that He was always either on His way to heal someone, in the process of healing someone, or had just finished healing someone. This shows us that healing is a natural part of who God is.
So if you’re asking yourself, “Does God want me healed from pain?”
The answer is a resounding YES! You are not alone in your pain, and God wants to see you fully restored to health.
Healing scriptures for Pain
Here are 21 healing scriptures from the King James Version of the Bible that may be relevant, and that you can confess for healing from pain:
1. Psalm 34:18
“The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.” (KJV)
2. Psalm 147:3
“He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.” (KJV)
3. Isaiah 53:5
“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” (KJV)
4. Jeremiah 17:14
“Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.” (KJV)
5. Matthew 8:17
“That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.” (KJV)
👉 100+ Healing Scriptures Kjv: The Ultimate Guide on Healing
6. Matthew 11:28-30
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (KJV)
7. Mark 5:34
“And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.” (KJV)
8. Mark 10:52
“And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.” (KJV)
9. Luke 8:50
“But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.” (KJV)
10. Luke 17:19
“And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.” (KJV)
11. John 5:6
“When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?” (KJV)
12. John 9:6-7
“When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.” (KJV)
13. Acts 3:16
“And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.” (KJV)
14. Romans 5:1-2
“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” (KJV)
15. Romans 8:11
“But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.” (KJV)
16. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
“Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.” (KJV)
17. Philippians 4:6-7
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” (KJV)
18. Colossians 1:13-14
“Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:” (KJV)
19. Hebrews 4:15-16
“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (KJV)
20. James 5:14-15
“Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.” (KJV)
21. 1 Peter 2:24
“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” (KJV)
Healing Prayer for Pain
Dear Heavenly Father, I come before you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. I declare that Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.
I proclaim that He is the Great Physician and the ultimate healer of all pain and sickness.
Father, I confess that I am in pain, and it is causing me distress and discomfort. I believe that this pain is not of you, and I ask you to take it away in the powerful name of Jesus Christ.
I rebuke every spirit of pain and discomfort that has taken root in my body. I declare that they have no authority over me because I am a child of God, and I belong to Jesus Christ.
I break every curse of pain and sickness that has been passed down to me from my ancestors. I cancel every negative word spoken over my life that has caused me to experience pain.
I declare that by the stripes of Jesus Christ, I am healed. I believe that He took all my pain and sickness on the cross, and I receive His healing power into my body right now.
Father, I pray that you will fill me with your peace and joy that surpasses all understanding.
I ask that you will surround me with your divine protection and keep me safe from all harm.
Thank you, Lord, for your mercy and grace. I give you all the glory, honor, and praise for the healing that you are bringing into my life.
I declare that my pain is gone, and I am healed in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Applying healing scriptures
Here are some practical and biblical ways to apply healing scriptures for pain relief:
- Identify the source of pain: The first step in applying healing scriptures for pain relief is to identify the source of the pain. Is it physical or emotional pain? Is it caused by a specific injury or medical condition? Understanding the root cause of the pain will help you find the appropriate healing scriptures to use.
- Study the Word of God: Spend time studying the Word of God and looking for healing scriptures that address pain. Some helpful scriptures include Psalm 107:20, Isaiah 53:5, Matthew 8:17, and 1 Peter 2:24.
- Meditate on healing scriptures: Meditate on the healing scriptures that you have found. Speak them out loud, write them down, and repeat them to yourself throughout the day. Allow the Word of God to sink deep into your heart and mind.
- Pray for healing: Pray for healing, using the healing scriptures you have found as a guide. Ask God to relieve your pain and to heal the source of the pain.
- Seek medical help if necessary: While praying and meditating on healing scriptures can be powerful, it’s also important to seek medical help if necessary. If your pain is caused by a medical condition, consult with your doctor and follow their advice.
- Trust in God’s timing: Remember that healing is a process and may not happen instantly. Trust in God’s timing and continue to meditate on healing scriptures and pray for healing.
- Thank God for His healing: When you experience relief from pain, thank God for His healing and faithfulness. Share your testimony with others to encourage them in their own healing journey.
In conclusion, the Healing Scriptures for Pain offer hope, comfort, and strength to those who are suffering from physical, emotional, or spiritual pain.
As you have experienced the power of these Scriptures in your own life, we encourage you to share them with others who are going through difficult times.
By sharing the good news of the Healing Scriptures for Pain, you can be a source of comfort and encouragement to those who are struggling.
It’s a simple but powerful way to help others experience the love and healing power of Jesus Christ.
We also want to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to those who have not yet accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
If you’re looking for lasting peace, joy, and hope, we encourage you to consider the life-transforming message of the gospel.
Jesus Christ offers forgiveness of sins, healing for the brokenhearted, and the promise of eternal life.
If you’re ready to experience the love and grace of God, we invite you to accept Jesus Christ into your heart today.
Together, let us share the good news of the Healing Scriptures for Pain and the life-changing message of the gospel with those around us.
May we be instruments of God’s love and grace, bringing healing and hope to a hurting world.
Christian Healing and Resources
Here are a few Christian websites that may be helpful for those seeking healing:
- Bible Gateway (https://www.biblegateway.com/) – This website offers access to multiple translations of the Bible, as well as tools for studying and understanding the Bible.
- Christianbook.com (https://www.christianbook.com/) – This website offers a wide range of Christian books, Bibles, and other resources on a variety of topics, including healing.
- Crosswalk.com (https://www.crosswalk.com/) – This website offers articles, devotionals, and other resources on a variety of topics related to Christian faith and living.
- Desiring God (https://www.desiringgod.org/) – This website offers resources, articles, and sermons on topics related to Christian faith and living, with a focus on finding joy in God.
- Gospel Coalition (https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/) – This website offers articles, resources, and podcasts on a variety of topics related to Christian faith and living, with a focus on gospel-centered ministry.
- NHS Inform: A to Z list of common illnesses and conditions
A husband of one wife, father of two beautiful girls, laborer of Lord, Jesus Christ, and a servant to God’s His saints. I hope to encourage you by God’s grace. Thank you for stopping by.