When a stroke strikes, it can feel like your world has turned upside down. The aftermath of a stroke can be overwhelming, leaving survivors feeling scared, confused, and uncertain about the future. But amidst the chaos and uncertainty, there is hope.
The Bible is full of stories of people who have experienced miraculous healings, and it is also full of scriptures that offer comfort, strength, and hope to those who are suffering.
In this article, we will explore some of the most powerful healing scriptures for stroke victims, and share stories of people who have experienced the healing power of God in their own lives.
Whether you are a stroke survivor yourself, or you know someone who is, we invite you to join us on this journey of faith and healing.
Let us delve into the promises of God’s word and discover the hope that is available to us all.
Does God want you healed?
If you or someone you love has suffered from a stroke, you know the devastating toll it can take on your life.
It’s a painful and frustrating experience that can leave you feeling hopeless and wondering if God even cares about your suffering.
Well, let me tell you that God cares about your pain, and He wants to heal and make you whole again. Infact, 1 Peter 2:24 says “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” This means that God has already healed you, not that He is going to heal you, He has healed you through Jesus Christ’s resurrection from the dead.
That said, you can only access this healing on lines of faith, so I will encourage you to believe God today. If God says you are healed we believe it and that settles it, Amen.
Moreover, the Bible is filled with promises of God’s healing power, and it’s clear that healing is God’s children bread and that He wants to see us restored to good health.
In Exodus 15:26, God proclaims,
“I am the Lord who heals you.”Exodus 15:26
It’s clear that God wants you heal, no matter what manner of sickness, disease you may be struggling with, including stroke.
If you want to know what God is like and how much He desires to heal you, just look to Jesus.
The Gospels are filled with stories of Jesus healing the sick and afflicted, and He did so with great love and compassion.
He was always on the move, seeking out those in need of healing, and His ministry was focused on bringing wholeness to people’s lives.
So if you’re struggling with the aftermath of a stroke, know that God sees your pain and desires to bring healing to your body, mind, and spirit.
Trust in His love and power, and seek out medical help and support to aid in your recovery.
With faith and perseverance, you can experience the healing touch of God in your life.
Healing scriptures for Stroke Victims
Here are 21 relevant healing scriptures from the KJV of the Bible that may bring comfort and inspiration to stroke victims and their loved ones:
1. Exodus 15:26
“And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.”
2. Psalm 103:2-3
“Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;”
3. Psalm 107:19-20
“Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses. He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”
4. Proverbs 4:20-22
“My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.”
5. Isaiah 41:10
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
6. Isaiah 53:4-5
“Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
7. Jeremiah 30:17
“For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.”
8. Matthew 4:23-24
“And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people. And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.”
9. Matthew 8:16-17
“When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.”
10. Matthew 9:35
“And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.”
11. Mark 5:34
“And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.”
12. Mark 10:52
“And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.”
13. Luke 4:40
“Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them.”
14. Luke 6:19
“And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.”
15. Luke 8:50
“But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.”
16. Luke 9:11
“And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.”
17. Acts 10:38
“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
18. James 5:14-15
“Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.”
19. 1 Peter 2:24
“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”
20. Revelation 21:4
“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”
21. Revelation 22:2
“In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.”
Healing Prayer for Stroke Victims
Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus Christ, I come before Your throne of grace and mercy to intercede for all stroke victims.
I declare that You are the great physician and healer who can restore every part of our being, physical, emotional and spiritual.
Lord, I acknowledge that strokes can be caused by physical factors, but I also know that there is a spiritual battle going on behind the scenes.
Therefore, I pray against any evil spirit or demonic force that may be causing or contributing to this illness. I command them to leave and go back to where they came from, in Jesus’ name!
I speak healing, restoration, and wholeness into every area of my body affected by the stroke.
I decree that my brain cells are regenerating and that my body is being completely restored to health, strength, and vitality.
I command every blood vessel to be healed and every nerve to function properly in Jesus’ name!
Lord, I also pray for emotional healing and restoration. I declare that I am not alone in this battle, but You are with me, and You will never leave me nor forsake me.
I pray for peace, comfort, and strength to overcome any fear, anxiety, or depression that may be caused by this illness.
I receive Your joy and peace that surpasses all understanding, in Jesus’ name!
Finally, I pray for spiritual protection and strength against any attacks from the enemy.
I put on the full armor of God, and I declare that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. I am an overcomer, and I have victory through the blood of Jesus Christ.
Thank You, Lord, for hearing my prayer. I believe that I have received healing and restoration, and I will continue to trust and have faith in You, for You are my healer and my Savior. In Jesus’ mighty name, I pray. Amen.
Applying healing scriptures
Practical steps for applying healing scriptures for stroke victims:
- Find scriptures that speak to the specific condition: Look for verses that address healing and restoration, especially for those who have experienced strokes. Some examples are Isaiah 53:5, Matthew 8:17, and James 5:14-15.
- Meditate on the scriptures: Spend time reading and reflecting on the scriptures. Speak them out loud, and declare them over yourself or the person who needs healing. Allow the words to penetrate your heart and mind, and believe that they are true.
- Declare healing and speak life: Use the power of words to declare healing and restoration. Speak words of life and health over yourself or the person who needs healing. Use affirmations such as “I am healed in Jesus’ name” or “By His stripes, I am healed.”
- Pray for healing: Ask God to heal and restore the person who has suffered a stroke. Pray with faith, believing that God is able to do all things. Trust that He hears your prayers and will answer them.
Biblical perspective for applying healing scriptures for stroke victims:
- God is a healer: God is the source of all healing and restoration. He has the power to heal any sickness, including strokes. Psalm 103:2-3 says, “Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.”
- Jesus healed the sick: Throughout the gospels, we see Jesus healing the sick and restoring them to health. Matthew 4:23 says, “Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.”
- Healing is a gift of grace: Healing is not something that we earn or deserve. It is a gift of grace from God. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.”
- Faith is essential: Faith is an essential component of receiving healing. Mark 11:24 says, “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” We must believe and have faith that God is able to heal and restore us or our loved ones.
- Trust in God’s plan: Finally, we must trust in God’s plan, even if we do not receive physical healing in this life. Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” God is always working for our ultimate good, even if we do not understand His ways.
In conclusion, these Healing Scriptures for Stroke Victims offer a powerful source of comfort, hope, and faith for those who are suffering from this debilitating condition.
These scriptures provide a reminder of God’s love, mercy, and healing power, and they can help stroke victims and their loved ones find peace and strength in the midst of difficult circumstances.
If you have personally experienced the healing power of these scriptures, I encourage you to share this good news with others who may be struggling with similar challenges.
By spreading the word and offering support to those in need, you can help to bring hope and healing to others who are going through a difficult time.
Finally, if you have not yet accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, I urge you to consider doing so.
Jesus offers us the ultimate healing and restoration, not only for our physical bodies but for our souls as well.
By placing our faith in Him, we can experience a sense of peace, purpose, and joy that surpasses all understanding.
So let us share the good news of Healing Scriptures for Stroke Victims with others, and let us also invite them to experience the life-changing power of Jesus Christ for themselves. Together, we can help to spread hope and healing to a world in need.
Christian Healing and Health Resources
Here are a few Christian websites that may be helpful for those seeking healing:
- Bible Gateway (https://www.biblegateway.com/) – This website offers access to multiple translations of the Bible, as well as tools for studying and understanding the Bible.
- Christianbook.com (https://www.christianbook.com/) – This website offers a wide range of Christian books, Bibles, and other resources on a variety of topics, including healing.
- Crosswalk.com (https://www.crosswalk.com/) – This website offers articles, devotionals, and other resources on a variety of topics related to Christian faith and living.
- Desiring God (https://www.desiringgod.org/) – This website offers resources, articles, and sermons on topics related to Christian faith and living, with a focus on finding joy in God.
- Gospel Coalition (https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/) – This website offers articles, resources, and podcasts on a variety of topics related to Christian faith and living, with a focus on gospel-centered ministry.
- NHS Inform: A to Z list of common illnesses and conditions