Prayer points are powerful… important… and lethal.
It’s a mighty and incredible supernatural tool that every Christian intercessor must have in their spiritual armory to destroy the works of satan and send packing every assignment from the kingdom of darkness.
As believers of the Most-High God, we are called to a life of prayer, effectual fervent prayers, that we offer “in and out of season.”
The stakes and demand for prayer are even greater for an intercessor, as a prayer intercessor, you are a spiritual snipper, the one with the eagle’s eye to see and shut down what the enemy is planning from a distance.
You are the spiritual gatekeeper of the church, the watchers of the city that the Lord expects to shut down the works of darkness, and to make decrees and pronounce blessings over God’s people.
As such, having prayer points backed by scriptures will help pull heaven’s attention to you. Prayer points help to focus your prayers and give direction in every prayer session when intercessors meet to pray.
A short word on prayer points
Prayer points must “ALWAYS” be based on specific passages of scripture, do not forget this, otherwise, you will pray without results.
Scriptures form the basis by which God will respond to any prayer. In other words, God is only committed to answering what He says in scripture.
With this in mind, you can now direct and pray concerning a particular situation, individual, community, or whatever is laid on your heart to pray about.
Using prayer points is effective and powerful
Using prayer points can help intercessors to pray more effectively and with greater purpose, energy, and fire.
Even young intercessors and those who may be struggling to find words to pray or who want to pray for specific things but are not sure how to do so will find prayer points helpful to get them started.
Additionally, you can write down and memorize prayer points to use in your personal prayer life while praying alone or in a group setting while praying with other intercessors.
Above all, you “must” remain open to the leading of the Holy Spirit as you pray even when using prayer points, you must be willing to adapt and modify your prayer as the Spirit leads you.
You may like: 15 Intercessory Prayer Points for the Church
What types of topics should be included in prayer points for intercessors?
Prayer points for intercessors can cover a wide range of topics. Some common themes that might be included are:
Personal and spiritual growth: Intercessors can pray for their own spiritual growth and for the growth of others in their community. This might include prayers for wisdom, discernment, and the ability to follow God’s will.
Healing and restoration: Intercessors can pray for physical, emotional, and spiritual healing for themselves and others. This might include prayers for those who are sick, suffering from addiction, or struggling with difficult circumstances.
Protection and safety: Intercessors can pray for protection and safety for themselves, their families, and others in their community. This might include prayers for protection from natural disasters, violence, and other dangers.
Leadership and guidance: Intercessors can pray for wisdom and guidance for leaders in their community, including political leaders, church leaders, and other influential figures.
Unity and reconciliation: Intercessors can pray for unity and reconciliation within their community and among different groups of people. This might include prayers for peace, understanding, and the ability to work together in harmony.
Outreach and evangelism: Intercessors can pray for opportunities to share the Gospel and for the effectiveness of evangelistic efforts in their community.
Persecuted Christians: Intercessors can pray for Christians who are facing persecution and discrimination around the world.
Check Out: Prayers for healing and protection
These are just a few examples, and intercessors may choose to pray for a wide range of other topics as well.
Prayer Points for Intercessors
Here is our list of 35 most powerful prayer points for intercessors with corresponding Bible verses:
1. Pray for the salvation of lost souls (Romans 10:1).
2. Pray for the church to be united in love and purpose (John 17:21).
3. Pray for godly leaders to be raised up (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
4. Pray for the persecuted church around the world (Hebrews 13:3).
5. Pray for the physical and spiritual healing of the sick (James 5:14-15).
6. Pray for families to be strengthened and protected (Ephesians 6:1-4).
7. Pray for the next generation to be raised up in the fear of the Lord (Psalm 78:4-7).
8. Pray for God’s will to be done on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10).
9. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the nations (Psalm 122:6).
10. Pray for wisdom and discernment for yourself and others (James 1:5).
11. Pray for opportunities to share the gospel with those who do not know Jesus (Acts 1:8).
12. Pray for the protection and guidance of God’s angels (Psalm 91:11-12).
13. Pray for God to break the chains of addiction and oppression (Isaiah 61:1).
14. Pray for financial provision and wisdom in managing resources (Proverbs 3:9-10).
15. Pray for courage and boldness to stand firm in your faith (Ephesians 6:19-20).
16. Pray for the growth and fruitfulness of believers (John 15:5).
17. Pray for the spreading of the gospel to all nations (Matthew 24:14).
18. Pray for the protection and guidance of God’s people (Psalm 121:8).
19. Pray for the breaking of generational curses and the restoration of families (Exodus 20:5-6).
20. Pray for the restoration of marriages and relationships (Ephesians 4:2-3).
21. Pray for the protection of children and the innocent (Psalm 27:1).
22. Pray for God to reveal His plans and purpose for your life (Jeremiah 29:11).
23. Pray for the release of the Holy Spirit and a fresh outpouring of His power (Joel 2:28-29).
24. Pray for the wisdom and guidance of God in decision-making (Proverbs 3:5-6).
25. Pray for the protection and provision of God for those in need (Psalm 68:10).
26. Pray for the breaking of strongholds and the deliverance of those in bondage (2 Corinthians 10:4-5).
27. Pray for the protection of your home and property (Psalm 91:9-10).
28. Pray for the protection and guidance of God while traveling (Psalm 121:7-8).
29. Pray for the unity of the body of Christ (John 17:20-23).
30. Pray for the protection and guidance of God in your daily life (Psalm 91:1-2).
31. Pray for the grace and strength to forgive others (Ephesians 4:32).
32. Pray for the protection and guidance of God in your finances (Proverbs 3:9-10).
33. Pray for the restoration of those who have wandered from the faith (James 5:19-20).
34. Pray for the protection and guidance of God in your work and career (Colossians 3:23).
35. Pray for the protection and guidance of God in your education and studies (Proverbs 2:1-5).
👉 READ 9 Most Powerful Prayers for Healing to Pray Now!
How often should intercessors pray?
It is up to the individual intercessor or team of intercessors to determine how often they should pray. Some prayer groups may feel called to pray regularly throughout the day, while others may set aside specific times for prayer.
It is important to listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and to be guided by one’s own spiritual discipline and commitment to prayer.
It is also important to remember that prayer is not just about the quantity of time spent praying, but also the quality and intentionality of the prayer.
👉 READ Prayer for Peacefulness: Find Inner Peace Today!
What are some effective ways to pray as an intercessor?
Prayer as an intercessor can be a powerful and meaningful way to support others and bring their needs and concerns before God. Here are a few suggestions for effective intercessory prayer:
Start by lifting up the person or situation for which you are praying. Ask God to be present with them and to meet their needs in accordance with His will.
Use specific and sincere language as you pray. Avoid vague or formulaic prayers, instead, express your heart and your faith in God’s goodness and power.
Seek guidance from the Holy Spirit as you pray. Ask for wisdom and discernment as you intercede on behalf of others.
Trust in God’s sovereignty. Remember that He is in control and that His plans are always good and perfect.
Use scriptural truth as the foundation of your prayer. Look to the Bible for guidance and inspiration as you pray, and use its promises and teachings to strengthen your faith and your intercession.
Pray with perseverance. Intercessory prayer can be a long and difficult journey, but it is important to keep praying and to trust that God is at work in the situation, even when it feels like there is no progress.
Offer thanks and praise to God. As you intercede for others, remember to give thanks for all that God has done and all that He will do, and offer praise for His goodness and grace.
👉 LET'S Pray A Prayer for those who persecute you (with Scriptures)
What is the purpose of intercessory prayer?
which a person prays on behalf of someone else or a group of people. It is a way of asking God to help, guide, and protect someone, or to bring about a specific outcome in a situation.
Intercessory prayer can be directed towards people who are facing challenges, such as illness, difficult circumstances, or personal problems, as well as towards broader situations, such as natural disasters, conflicts, or injustices.
Intercessory prayer is often seen as a way of offering support and showing compassion to others.
It can also be a way of expressing one’s own faith and trust in God, and of seeking guidance and strength in difficult times.
Intercessory prayer is a powerful force for good, and it can bring about positive change in the lives of those who are being prayed for.
👉 Read 15 Prayer Verses for Strength and Healing
How can I find examples of prayer points for intercessors?
Here are some examples of prayer points that intercessors can use:
- Pray for the sick and those affected by illness or disease, that they would experience physical healing and emotional comfort.
- Pray for those in positions of leadership and authority, that they would make wise and just decisions.
- Pray for peace and reconciliation in areas of conflict and tension, both locally and globally.
- Pray for the salvation of those who do not yet know Jesus Christ as their personal savior.
- Pray for spiritual growth and maturity for believers, that they would become more like Christ in character and actions.
- Pray for protection and safety for missionaries and Christian workers serving in challenging environments.
- Pray for the persecuted church, that they would remain strong in their faith and be a witness to those around them.
- Pray for the needs of the poor and marginalized, that they would be met and experience God’s love and provision.
- Pray for the unity of the body of Christ, that believers would work together in harmony and love to advance God’s kingdom.
- Pray for revival and spiritual awakening in our communities and the world, that people would turn to God and experience His transformative power.
It’s important to remember that these are just examples and that intercessors should listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit as they pray for specific needs and concerns.
Read: 15 Intercessory Prayer Points for Sunday Service [with scriptures]
What resources are available to help persons develop as intercessors?
There are many resources available to help intercessors develop their skills in intercessory prayer. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Books on intercessory prayer: There are many books written on the subject of intercessory prayer that can provide guidance and inspiration for those who wish to develop their skills in this area. Some recommended books include “Intercessory Prayer: How God Can Use Your Prayers to Move Heaven and Earth” by Dutch Sheets and “The Intercessor’s Handbook: How to Pray with Boldness, Authority and Supernatural Power” by James W. Goll.
2. Online courses or seminars: There are many online courses or seminars available on intercessory prayer that can provide in-depth teaching and guidance on the subject. These courses can be a great way to learn more about intercessory prayer and gain practical skills and techniques.
3. Local churches or Christian organizations: Many local churches and Christian organizations offer classes or small groups focused on intercessory prayer. These groups can provide a supportive and encouraging environment for learning and growing in intercessory prayer.
4. Personal mentorship or coaching: Some intercessors may benefit from one-on-one mentorship or coaching with an experienced intercessor. This can provide personalized guidance and support as you develop your skills in intercessory prayer.
It’s important to note that intercessory prayer is not something that can be learned solely through reading a book or taking a course. It’s a practice that requires time, dedication, and a heart open to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
As you seek to develop in intercessory prayer, it’s important to prioritize regular prayer and seek the guidance and wisdom of the Holy Spirit.
A husband of one wife, father of two beautiful girls, laborer of Lord, Jesus Christ, and a servant to God’s His saints. I hope to encourage you by God’s grace. Thank you for stopping by.