What is a good scripture for someone having surgery? Isaiah 41:10 “fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
I cannot emphasize enough how this is one of my favorite verses about surgery. In this passage, God reminds us in comforting words that He is with us.
He encourages us not to fear because he will uphold us with his righteous right hand, allowing us to stand our ground in faith.
Isaiah 41:10 is much beautiful Bible verse for someone having surgery that I encourage you to write it down and if you can, read it for the person having the surgery.
We’re told in this verse that God is with us, he will go before us into the operation room and make sure the doctors perform a successful surgery. Once the surgery is completed, He will help us recover quickly after the surgery.
All things are possible to those who put their trust in and invite God into their situations. This is why building your faith before surgery is a good way of inviting God into the operating room while you undergo surgery.
You’re Not Alone
Saints who were in dire straits and extreme distress, through faith wrote scriptures down, meditated on them, read them aloud, and stood by them until God intervened with deliverance and healing.
I’ll eventually share more than one Bible verse for someone having surgery. But first let’s look at me ” pick me up” Bible verses (Isaiah 41:10), and whether you, friends, family members, or co-workers, this verse will bless their hearts.
Scripture for Someone Having Surgery
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Now let’s break down this verse line by line:
“Fear not.” Undergoing surgery may not be the easiest thing you will experience throughout your life time. It’s a life and death situation depending on the type of surgery being performed. But this portion of text instructs you not to fear, no matter what you know or what the doctors says about the complexity of the surgery.
“for I am with you.” The “I am” (God) is with you. But who is the “I am”? Let’s take a look:
- El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
- El Elyon (The Most High God)
- Adonai (Lord, Master)
- Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
- Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
- Jehovah Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
- Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
- Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
- Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness)
- Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You)
- El Olam (The Everlasting God)
- Elohim (God)
- Qanna (Jealous)
- Jehovah Jireh (The Lord Will Provide)
- Jehovah Shalom (The Lord Is Peace)
- Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts)
The ” I am” is your heavenly father and the creator of everything. He is with you, so he encourages you not to fear.
“be not dismayed, for I am your God.” Do not be disturbed by anything the devil may toss at you before the surgery. The devil isn’t foolish, he knows that once you keep focused on God he will no choice but to leave you alone.
“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7.
“I will strengthen you.” Strength is the ability to endure and keep moving forward during difficult times. The good news is that God has made this strength available to you, that way you can hold your ground and stand firm before the surgery, and have the strength you will need to recover speedily after the surgery.
“I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” God will help you during the surgery by upholding your best interest.
More Scriptures for Someone Having Surgery
Joshua 1:9 – Be strong; God will go with you
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
1 John 5:14-15 – Be encouraged; God is your confidence
“And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.”
Psalm 147:3 – Be at peace; God is your healer
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
Psalm 41:3 – Sing for joy; God is your restorer
“The LORD sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness, you restore him to full health.”
Romans 8:38-39 – Be unmove; God’s words are true
“For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
3 John 1:2 – Be reminded; God has your best interest at heart
“Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.”
Psalm 50:15 – Do not forget; you can call on God
“And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”
Isaiah 53:5 – The devil is a liar; Jesus has made you whole
“But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds, we are healed.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you say to someone who is having surgery (religious)?
Dear friend, as you go into surgery. May the Lord give you peace and still your anxious heart. May the Lord direct the doctor’s hands skillfully as they perform the surgery. May you feel the Lord’s hand upon you and be comforted by His presence in the operation room.
What is a good Bible verse for strength and healing?
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
The joy of the Lord is your strength, and His strength is your song. The song that you will sing for the victory God has given to you. Isaiah 41:10 is also a good short Bible verse before surgery to read and confess daily.
What is a good scripture for healing?
Here is a good collection:
- Proverbs 17:22 “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”
- Proverbs 4:20-24 ” My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.” 24 Put away from thee a forward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
- Isaiah 26:3 “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
- Isaiah 33:2 “O Lord, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.”
- Isaiah 40:31 “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, and they shall walk, and not faint.”
- John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
- Isaiah 53:5 “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes, we are healed.”
- James 1:4 “But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”
Final Word on Scripture for Someone Having Surgery
What more can I say; your life is in God’s hands, and He will not fail to help you. I encourage you to write down Isaiah 41:10, read it daily, meditate on it, and confess it before the surgery day.
Share these scriptures with friends, loved ones, or whoever is preparing for surgery.
Only God knows what may be going through the mind of folks getting ready for surgery.
Someone is counting on you, and the good news is that you can share these surgery scriptures with them.
These timely bible verses will encourage, uplift, and build their faith and confidence in God.